Along with the planned expansion of this hotel in 2018, the entire power supply system received an overhaul.
As a result, the hotel is no longer connected to the power grid. In its stead, a wood carburetor, lots of PV panels and heat pumps have been put to work. Four cogeneration plants aid to avoid shortages and to bridge
spikes in consumption. A 500-kWh storage battery, pools and large buffer cylinders serve as storage solutions for excess solar energy.
Besides the coordination of different heat generators, the energy household of the 80-room hotel must be distributed according to demands. This is carried out using several x2 devices in cooperation with the hotel’s in-house software, for example a prognosis for weather and the degree of capacity utilization. Using this data, energy won’t be wasted on unoccupied rooms, or won’t even be generated for them to begin with.
- 118 kWp Photovoltaic system
- 1 x modulated heating pump
- 1x Wood gas cogeneration unit (44 kW thermal / 18 kW electric power output)
- 4 x combined heat and power units (14 kW thermal / 5.5 kW electric power output)
- Multiple heating circuits
- 6 fresh water stations in the apartement houses
- Sauna & Spa area
- Outdoor pool
- Charging stations for electric vehicles
- Other electric consumers (e.g. the hotels kitchen)
- 1 x 500 kWh battery storage
- 800 litre buffer storages (1 per apartment house)
- 1 x 28000 litre buffer storage
This project was realized by:
in cooperation with:
Energietec Thomas Reger